- Day 171: My First Summer Birthday!
- Day 152: My Imagination of California thanks to the Beach Boys
- Day 151: We’re on a Boat!
- Day 138: So THAT’S Gavin DeGraw!
- Day 122: Cinco de Mayo Traditions
- Day 118: What makes me Happy?
- Day 105: Upcoming Excitements
- Day 107: Team Building Rocks!
- Day 97: Easter on Beach
- Day 68: Dancing in Flats
- Day 66: Downtown Hop
- Day 63: Genuine Happiness
- Day 58: Leap Year at Disneyland!
- Day 49: Messages
- Day 41: Happiness All Around
- Day 34: Cultural hands
- Day 29: I need a karaoke machine
- Day 27: Hookah on the Patio
- Day 26: Skrillex!
- Day 19: Venice Lights
- Day 12: Bubbles
- Day 8: Front Seat on Splash Mountain
- I Survived Santa Con
Life is more fun when you’re floating over water.√ We’re on a boat!
Must haves in life:
- A doctor friend
- A lawyer friend
- A friend who has a friend who own a boat
Alright, I wouldn’t say that my list is completely accurate – no doubt about that. But when I have an opportunity to spend a Saturday afternoon on a boat, I’d take it – despite my fear in water. See, to me, being on a boat is like seeing palm trees – it makes me feel like I’m on a mini-vacation at some tropical resort.
Long story short, my coworker invited me and some of her friends to sail around Newport Beach on her friend’s boat. All I had to do was bring the 12-pack of beer and chips & hummus – sounds like a good deal to me! I kicked back, relaxed and sipped on my Heineken as we sailed around the harbor. It’s moment like these when I realize just how much California can spoil people.My coworkers
The highlight? The owner of the boat let me drive (or is it steer?) the boat around! Granted, we were only going a few miles per hour but I can now say that I’ve steered a boat! Sounds b@d@$$ right? I now have an exciting story to tell my grand kidsNo worries – I got this!
Next must-do event? Bar hopping on a boat! Assuming that I don’t get seasick, how awesome would it be to go roll up at basr and “park” the boat in a harbor?! Sigh – rich people have so many options for transportation – but I still have yet to meet someone who owns a plane/helicopter…
And tonight, I’m saying good night from a boat – which again, marks a first!
Thanks SR and host of the party for a fantastic Saturday!Who’s da captain of da ship? Oh yeah, ME!