Every trip should be a new experience.
Otherwise what’s the point of going on a trip? Life is about trying new things and being able to relate to new experiences – it’s what makes everyday so fun and exciting. Granted, not everyday has to be a new experience, but I think it’s important for us to face each day with optimism.
Here are my 10 new experiences within the past 3 days:
- It was my first time being in that part of the country
- I saw a “Volcano Shelter” sign at the airport
- I had grits, and it was disgusting
- I tried fermented wine and it was amazing!
- I had Moroccan food for the first time!
- I belly danced in front of an audience and it was extremely embarrassing
- I visited a new college campus
- I bought my first long dress (I never owned one before because I thought I’m too short for it)
- I learned how to knot pearls
- I made a new friend